Re: Including foreign makefiles

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Including foreign makefiles
Date: 07 Apr 2001 19:59:03 -0600

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam C Powell IV <address@hidden> writes:

Adam> I think I'm going to go with option 1.  The PETSc libs will be
Adam> linked just fine, but other system libs from MPI to BLAS are a
Adam> total crap-shoot without the ability to import the variable from
Adam> an included makefile.  So much for cross-platform.

That's sort of a defeatist attitude.  It really isn't that
all-or-nothing.  "Can't read a random Makefile" != "not cross
platform".  You're literally the first person who has ever asked for
this to happen (that I remember anyway) in all the years I've been
working on automake.  I realize it is annoying when your particular
problem is hard to solve, but it is hardly automake's fault that it
doesn't already account for a situation that is so rare that it hasn't
come up once in five years.

Tom