Re: 44-define-linker.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 44-define-linker.patch
Date: 07 Apr 2001 16:11:27 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> I must say I don't understand very well why this patch is
Akim> needed, but it is.  I found it back in the old code, which was
Akim> doing it for unconditionally defined sources, but not for
Akim> conditionally defined sources (which was a bug).

I don't understand it either.  In the current automake, just before
this patch's location we have this:

        # Avoid defining needless variables.
        next if (scalar @files == 0);

Probably one of your earlier patches changed this?
Could you check to make sure?  Maybe we don't want to define the
_OBJECTS variable here either -- ie maybe we should restore the above
if it was removed?

Tom