Re: FYI: On the way to -w

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: FYI: On the way to -w
Date: 05 Mar 2001 20:54:52 +0100

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> Akim> I preferred to have transform _required_ a defined value for
> Akim> each key, to make sure there are no accidents.  So I fixed the
> Akim> sites where %transform receives an uninitialized value.
>
> Sounds great.
>
> What remains in order to enable `use strict'?

# Handle auto-dependency code.
sub handle_dependencies
{
    if ($use_dependencies)
    {
        # Include auto-dep code.  Don't include it if DEP_FILES would
        # be empty.
        if (&saw_sources_p (0) && keys %dep_files)
        {
            my $config_aux_dir_specified = ($config_aux_dir ne '.'
                                            && $config_aux_dir ne '');

            # Set $require_file_found{'depcomp'} if the depcomp file exists,
            # before calling require_config_file on `depcomp'.  This makes
            # require_file_internal skip its buggy existence test that would
            # make automake fail (with `required file `lib/depcomp' not found')
            # when AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR is not set.  See tests/subdir4.test.
            my $depcomp_dir = ($config_aux_dir_specified ? $config_aux_dir
                               : '.');
====>       $require_file_found{'depcomp'} = 1 if -f "$depcomp_dir/depcomp";

it is because of this guy.  It should not be used directly here, but
to fix this properly, I have to understand how to use the regular
mechanisms (i.e., study what you said about the special case of
depcomp not being like missing and the like).

We could use use strict right now *if* we declare %require_file_found
is global.  But I didn't because it's a lie, it's not where we are
going to.