Re: PATCH: patsubst support

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: PATCH: patsubst support
Date: 22 Feb 2001 23:01:51 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> Yep, by default Automake must not let the users do nonportable
Akim> things.  I'm sorry about that, but I believe it's a strong
Akim> requirement.

I'm finally following up to this -- it was buried in my overly large
automake mailbox.

Automake isn't clearly on one side or the other of this issue.  On the
one hand, any code we generate must be portable.  On the other, we
don't go out of our way to disallow nonportable constructs.

This isn't a very helpful observation :-(.

Tom