Re: unquote-am_config_header.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: unquote-am_config_header.patch
Date: 21 Jan 2001 14:06:11 -0700

>>>>> "adl" == Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

adl>   AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

adl> May I suggest the change below?  (I browsed the source and didn't
adl> find something similar to unquote_m4_arg, that's quite
adl> surprising; did I missed something?)

This looks good to me.  Unfortunately it is long enough to require
paperwork before I can check it in.

adl> +      # don't count orphan right brackets
adl> +      $depth = 0 if $depth < 0;

How important is this?  I'm considering rewriting the patch so that
unquote_m4_arg simply uses a regexp.  Then I think I can check it in
immediately.

I agree a function like this would be very useful.  Sometimes
seemingly obvious helper functions go unimplemented for no good reason
(historical usually).  For instance Akim's recent addition of
`transform' -- wish I'd had that a long time ago.

Tom