AM_CONDITIONAL

From: Anna Niemtschk
Subject: AM_CONDITIONAL
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:17:06 -0600

Hello,

I'm new to this list and to automake.  I followed the instructions in
the manual on how to do conditionals, but I'm having a problem.

In the Makefile.am I have:
if ARCI
EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES=      libsensorTB16.la libsensorTB23.la
libsensorTB29.la
lib_LTLIBRARIES =       libsensorARCI.la
else if APB
lib_LTLIBRARIES=        libsensorTB16.la libsensorTB23.la
libsensorTB29.la
EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES =       libsensorARCI.la
else
lib_LTLIBRARIES=        libsensorTB16.la libsensorTB23.la
libsensorTB29.la libsensorARCI.la
endif

In configure.in I have:
AC_MSG_CHECKING(for build type)
AC_ARG_WITH(build,
[  --with-build=<type>     specify build type: apb or arci],
[
        AC_MSG_RESULT($withval)
        if test "$withval" = 'apb' ; then
                BLD="apb"
        else
                if test "$withval" = 'arci' ; then
                  BLD="arci"
                else
                        AC_MSG_ERROR("Build type unrecognized")
                fi
        fi
], [
        AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
        AC_MSG_ERROR("Must specify build type: apb or arci")
])
AM_CONDITIONAL(ARCI,[test x"$BLD" = xarci])
AM_CONDITIONAL(APB,[test x"$BLD" = xapb])

from automake I get:
Makefile.am:5: ARCI does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:9: lib_LTLIBRARIES multiply defined in condition
Makefile.am:10: EXTRA_LTLIBRARIES multiply defined in condition

When I try to add AM_CONDITIONAL to configure.in I get:
configure: syntax error at line 3497: `AM_CONDITIONAL' unexpected

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anna Niemtschk