Re: How to install "config.h"

From: Simon Richter
Subject: Re: How to install "config.h"
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:28:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Robert Boehne wrote:

[Finding libraries from other packages]

> What is the "best" way to coerce Automake into installing
> config.h in $(prefix) ?

Not at all. Instead, create m4 macros that search for the libraries
somehow and place them in ${datadir}/aclocal. A common search method is to
create small scripts (from .in files) that echo the necessary paths and
place them in ${bindir}, as @address@hidden (For C++, this is the only
rational method with the currently released autoconf). See for example the
gtk packages, they do a very good job here.

Anyone wishing to use your library just needs to use the macros you
provided to get the necessary compiler flags.

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: A319 A60F 20F6 C8A4 3C86  54B4 99CD AC6E 79D1 B1E7