Re: CLEANFILES?

From: Ossama Othman
Subject: Re: CLEANFILES?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:02:02 -0700

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 03:59:31PM +0200, Patrick Guio wrote:
> I try to use the configure tool to build my c++ code. When compiling with
> a DEC/Digital Unix cxx compiler, templates are instantiated in a directory
> called ~/cxx_repository (i.e. *.o files are created in this directory or
> one defined by using the argument -ptr <repository_name>.
> How do I specify that when cleanin, this (these) directory (ies) should be
> removed or at least cleaned for *.o files?

If you're using Automake, then you should be able to use the
"clean-local" target.  For example, here's what I do in one of my C++
packages:

## Clean up template repositories, etc.
clean-local:
        -rm -rf .rpo ptrepository SunWS_cache Templates.DB

The clean-local target will automatically be invoked when doing a
"make clean."  BTW, this is documented in the Automake documentation.

HTH,
-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <address@hidden>
Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Univ. of California at Irvine