[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 15:09:16 -0800
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.5.1

On 3/5/19 11:00 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
> The problem, as always, is a lack of free time.
> I'm hoping to spend some of my $DAYJOB time on getting a release out
> the door, but am still waiting approval on that front

How about if I turn the crank and release what's in master now? That is,
I run 'make fetch' and update the copyright year and NEWS and so forth,
but don't make any material changes. The fixes in master should be good
enough to release now, even if they're not what we'd like to do if we
had more time.

We've had several requests to do a new release and nothing has happened.
At least releasing what we've got will make *something* happen.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]