Checking for an icon pack

From: Alexandros Theodotou
Subject: Checking for an icon pack
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 10:07:25 +0000

Hi,

I'd like to make an icon pack (breeze icons) a dependency for my
project.

I use those icons in my GTK app and I don't find it a good idea to
repackage it with my app so I made the icon pack a dependency in
debian, arch and fedora packages. Now I want to make it a dependency
for manual installation through configure.ac.

What is the proper way to check if an icon pack is installed? They
don't appear in pkgconfig --list-all. Would I check with AC_CHECK_FILE
in /usr/share/icons/breeze-icons/... ?

Thanks,
Alex