Re: Skip all version checks with autoconf?

From: Marko Lindqvist
Subject: Re: Skip all version checks with autoconf?
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 20:01:27 +0300

 Indeed. When considering addition of a new macro call to configure.ac
it often requires a lot of digging (usually from NEWS) to find out if
using that macro is safe with current minimum autoconf version
requirement. It would be really good if the documentation about macros
would say what version of autoconf introduced them, or made an API
change (such as starting to support additional parameters) to them.

 - ML