Re: Invocation of compiler by AC_LINK_IFELSE

From: Thomas Jahns
Subject: Re: Invocation of compiler by AC_LINK_IFELSE
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:12:31 +0200

On 07/18/13 12:59, Miguel Guedes wrote:
> I am using AC_LANG_PROGRAM wrapped inside AC_LINK_IFELSE to test for
> libboost_system and it invokes gcc/g++ in the following way:
>
> configure:3975: g++ -o conftest -g -O2  -lboost_system conftest.cpp
>
> The above results in a few errors and doesn't link even though the
> library in question is present in the system.  This is because the source
> file should be at the front in the call to g++, e.g.:
>
>   g++ conftest.cpp -o conftest -g -O2  -lboost_system
>
> What can be done to overcome this limitation?  Can the parameter order be
> customized somehow or perhaps some other macro be used?

this is probably a user error. Would you mind showing the contents of the LIBS
and LDFLAGS variables? You probably put your -lboost_system into LDFLAGS but it
has to go into LIBS.

Ciao, Thomas
--
Thomas Jahns
DKRZ GmbH, Department: Application software

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum
Bundesstraße 45a
D-20146 Hamburg

Phone: +49-40-460094-151