Re: Macro to add more compiler warnings

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: Macro to add more compiler warnings
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 16:23:01 +0100

Hello Javier.

On Sunday 26 December 2010, Javier Jardón wrote:
> Hello,
>
> currently in GNOME we use a custom macro to add more compiler warnings
> to the build [1]
> I wonder if there is a "upstream" macro to do the same.

You might be interested in the gnulib modules `warnings' and `manywarnings':
 <http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/warnings.html>
 <http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/manywarnings.html>
 <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=m4/warnings.m4>
 <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=m4/manywarnings.m4>
I'm not sure if they will satisfy all your needs (they seem to work for the
C language only), but you can at least take them as a starting point.  And
I think the gnulib maintainers will be happy to accept patches making those
modules more generally useful ;-)

> Regards
>
> [1]
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-common/tree/macros2/gnome-compiler-flags.m4#n4