Re: How to work around a missing library function?

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: How to work around a missing library function?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:08:28 -0500

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 13:43:34 Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 November 2009 12:13:56 Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> >> I'm reluctant to use this code on every OS, as its not my code, and the
> >>  author might not like that, as this does no error checking. But it
> >> would be good to implement it when atoll() is not in the library.
> >
> > check out the gnulib project
>
> Thank you Mike, I will do that. I assume that will provide an
>  implementation for atoll(). But is the rest of my logic ok?

while your logic looked ok, you dont need to worry about it with gnulib.  not
only does it provide atoll replacements, but it takes care of the configure
tests and enabling it as needed as well.  your source code shouldnt need to
change -- it can be written to assume atoll exists.  it's a pretty badass
project.
-mike