Re: Is there a way to insert a short pause?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Is there a way to insert a short pause?
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:29:35 +0200

* Bob Friesenhahn wrote on Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 08:18:58PM CEST:
> If even one warning message is evident at the end of the configure
> run, it seems likely that the user will know to scroll back to see
> the rest.

Unless, of course, that rest is so long that the user won't read it all.
There are so many bug reports where users already fail to read past a
  make: *** [foo] Error 1

to paste the full compiler error and its command.

> Even a final single message which says "There were
> warnings issued, please inspect the configure output or config.log
> for details" would be useful.

That, on the other hand, sounds like an interesting idea.  We could
easily let configure print something like
  configure: WARNING: There have been warnings during this configure run.

when it has come across a AC_MSG_WARNING.  WDYT?

Thanks,