Re: How do I avoid a specific variable in the Makefile?

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: How do I avoid a specific variable in the Makefile?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:03:35 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 10:25:39AM +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
> If using _AM_SUBST_NOTMAKE isn't the "officially sanctioned" way of
> doing what I want to do, then what is the recommended way?

sorry if my previous answer confused things.

In short, I believe that using _AM_SUBST_NOTMAKE is the best
solution, currently.

A bit longer answer:
though Autoconf 2.60 and newer now supports newlines in AC_SUBSTed
values, Automake does not yet support this feature.
So you can "offcially" use this feature only when using Autoconf
without Automake.  If you need this feature in combination with
Automake, you have to use the _AM_SUBST_NOTMAKE workaround.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of this state.

Hope this helps,
        Stepan