Re: Autoconf and CVS

From: David Fang
Subject: Re: Autoconf and CVS
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 03:23:51 -0500 (EST)

Ah, my bad!

        I was confused again by my own project where I have a
"maintainerclean" script that does a 'make maintainer-clean' followed by
removal of other maintainer files -- more than just maintainer-clean.
(Duh!) It looks something like this:

---------------------8<-------------------------
#!/bin/sh

if test ! -f configure.ac
then
        echo "You must run this script from the top source directory."
        exit 1
fi

if test -f Makefile
then
        make maintainer-clean
fi

rm -f *~
rm -f aclocal.m4
rm -rf autom4te.cache
rm -rf .deps
rm -f autoscan.log
rm -f configure.scan
rm -f config.status
rm -f configure
(cd config && \
        rm -f install-sh \
        missing \
        mkinstalldirs \
        config.guess \
        config.sub \
        compile \
        depcomp \
        ltmain.sh )
rm -f config.h.in
rm -f stamp-h1
rm -f libtool
rm -f `find . -name Makefile`
rm -f `find . -name Makefile.in`

One thing to note is that I've chosen the 'config' subdirectory to be the
home of various autotool config tools scripts.

> "make maintainer-clean" doesn't clean most of the generated files.
>
> Second, maintainer-clean has nothing to do with AM_MAINTAINER_MODE.
>
> (And, as I said in my post to another sub-thread, forget about
> AM_MAINTAINER_MODE, too.)

David Fang