Header name conflicts

From: Bill Moseley
Subject: Header name conflicts
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:21:01 -0800 (PST)

I'm just starting out converting a project to libtool and automake, and I
have an initial problem that the generated Makefile adds -I. to the gcc
line.

We have an unfortunately named header "string.h", so with -I. added

  #include <string.h>

ends up reading our "string.h" instead.  Our own code uses
#include "string.h" to include our own copy.

Yes, it's unfortunate, but is it forbidden to create a header file
that might match the name of a system header we also use?

Seems like adding -I. defeats the purpose of two differnt #include
styles.

--
Bill Moseley address@hidden