Directory structure

From: David Pekala
Subject: Directory structure
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:20:14 -0700

(sorry about the double mail... tab selects send in hotmail, grr!!!)
I've read a lot of the posts about compiling multiple packages together that exist in different subdir's, but I can't seem to find the fix to my problem...

I'm playing around w/ a LKM.  I can get all the files to compile, but it won't link. It's putting the .o's in src, and then looking for them in their respective dir_*.
Here is what my src_dir/Makefile.am looks like:

srcdir = @srcdir@
address@hidden@
CFLAGS = ...
INCLUDES = -I../include -I$(srcdir)/dir_a -I$(srcdir)/dir_b

noinst_PROGRAMS = foo.o
foo_o_LINK = ld -r -o foo.o

foo_o_SOURCES = \
     ../include/src_file_a.h
     $(srcdir)/dir_a/src_file_a.c
     ../include/src_file_b.h
     $(srcdir)/dir_b/src_file_b.c

Here is an example of my directory structure:

configure
install-sh
configure.in (last line is AC_OUTPUT(Makefile src/Makefile)
Makefile.am (only has SUBDIRS=src)
NEWS
.
.
src_dir:
--->Makefile.am
--->dir_a:
---> --->src_file_a.c
--->dir_b:
---> --->src_file_b.c
include:
src_file_a.h
src_file_b.h

Each of the src_file_*.c does not contain an init_module or a main, so I can't have a Makefile.am in each directory, correct? I need to keep the current directory structure...

Thanks!
Dave