autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: save/restore flags macro?

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: save/restore flags macro?
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 00:30:05 +0200

Hi Filippo,

 > browsing through the archive macros I've seen many implement their
 > own save/restore flags, would it make sense to provide a generic
 > macro to save/restore (or push/pop) flags? (i.e. something like VLC
 > does) The common case seems to be cflags/cppflags/ldflags/libc

I like the idea very much. There are a plenty of macros in the archive
that could be re-factored to use this functionality. There are probably
also a lot of macros that *should* use this functionality but actually
don't. Having that macro around would make it much easier to fix those,
too. :-)

Take care,
Peter