Re: [AUCTeX] Contributing style files

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Contributing style files
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:41:08 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Other than that, the code looks good.  However, I did not test it as I
> don't know tabu.

Hi Tassilo and Mandar,

Mandar, I'm grateful for your contribution, but I'm really reluctant
about adding a tabu.el to AUCTeX.  That package is now unmaintained for
some time now[1] and is now in rescue mode.  From the README.md[2]:

    Emergency updates to the LaTeX tabu package

    The original author of tabu appears out of contact, and tabu had not
    been updated for several years, finally becoming unusable in 2019 as
    updates to other packages mean some of its patched code did not work
    as intended.

    The package is not being actively maintained however any major
    required fixes may be reported to the
    https://github.com/tabu-fixed/tabu repository and volunteers there
    (currently members of the LaTeX3 Team) will attempt to update the
    package with any fixes required.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/121841/76063