Re: [AUCTeX] How to modify TeX-view-program-selection

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to modify TeX-view-program-selection
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 10:49:14 +0200

On Thu, Sep 13 2018, David Kastrup wrote:
Joost Kremers <address@hidden> writes:
Really? I mean, true, I see it a lot in (mostly older) config snippets Google spits up, but I thought it was generally discouraged to use a hook if there's no need for it, because it's not always as harmless as this example. (In fact, I've run into problems with it myself from
time to time.)

Well, how do you modify stuff that isn't defined yet? I don't see much
of an option other than using a hook or its equivalent.

Isn't that what `eval-after-load' and `with-eval-after-load' are for?

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
Wuppertal University