Re: [AUCTeX] eps graphics empty with dvipdfmx

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] eps graphics empty with dvipdfmx
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 21:16:19 +0900

Hi Jan,

> You are right. I'm converting to DVI first then to PS and PDF. This
> works very well with dvipdfmx. Removing dvipdfmx the image is shown (in
> preview)

Let me confirm what that "preview" mean.  I guess that you are talking
about the images displayed in emacs buffer by preview-latex
functionality.  I assume so in the rest of this message.

> but collides with the caption.
>       Any other ideas?

I'm not sure what that collision is.  Attached is a screenshot of the
buffer with the example latex file you gave in the first message with
a symbolic link
test.eps -> /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.16/examples/tiger.eps
and preview-latex enabled.  No collision is here.

Anyway, you can try another way.  Add the following lines to your
file and re-open the file.
%%% Local Variables:
%%% TeX-PDF-mode: nil
%%% End:
If your file already has local variales section, only add the line of
TeX-PDF-mode there.

This will make AUCTeX to stop using pdflatex and to use the usual path
dvi->ps->png instead.  On my machine, almost the same image was
displayed in the buffer when preview-latex is enabled.

If that doesn't work either, giving us more detailed information about
your environment might help.  It would be a good choice to include the
output of M-x preview-report-bug.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita