Re: [AUCTeX] `\pause' instead of `\pause{}'

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] `\pause' instead of `\pause{}'
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 23:13:08 +0200

Denis Bitouzé <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 13/06/17 à 22h51, Arash Esbati a écrit :
>
>> Thanks for the report.  I've just fixed this bug in
>> style/beamer.el[1].
>
> BTW, what will be the effect of replacing:
>
>   ┌────
>   │ '("pause")
>   └────
>
> by:
>
>   ┌────
>   │ '("pause" ["Slide number"])
>   └────

The effect is that when you invoke `C-c C-m pause RET', AUCTeX will ask
for an optional argument and it will be only inserted in square brackets
if you enter something instead of just hitting RET.

>> Have you set `TeX-insert-braces' to t?
>
> Well, I don't think so

Sorry, my bad.  As Keita already pointed out (thanks Keita!), the
default value of this variable is t and inserting a pair of braces is
the default behavior.  I have (setq TeX-insert-braces nil) for such a
long time in my .emacs, it felt like it is the default ;-)

> I couldn't find `TeX-insert-braces' neither in `emacs-leuven':
>
>   ┌────
>http://emacs-leuven.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
>   └────

I don't use the config above, but I think it should drop this line:

    (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-environments "comment")

The style had a fontification bug which is now fixed[1].

>> If you don't like this, customize `TeX-insert-braces-alist' or add
>> something like this to your init file:
>>
>>    (eval-after-load "beamer"
>>      '(add-to-list 'TeX-insert-braces-alist '("pause" . nil)))
>
> Works like a charm, thanks!

You're welcome.  OTOH, you could consider dropping this solution and
setting `TeX-insert-braces' to nil.  Depends on your taste, of course.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/commit/style/comment.el?id=a90cab531b6365edf6a6ba66ad4c624b3c11d2cc