Re: [AUCTeX] Entering maths

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Entering maths
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:22:50 +0200

Denis Bitouzé <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 14/06/17 à 08h54, David Kastrup a écrit :
>
>> Frankly, I never use anything but a U.S. keyboard layout (with
>> whatever actual keyboard layout may be printed on the keys themselves)
>> with some mode shift or whatever else provides compose-key similar
>> functionality.
>
> Wow! I wouldn't be able to type on an AZERTY keyboard with QWERTY
> layout...

I actually right now have a keyboard with Æ Ø Å in the place of ;'[ and
where a German keyboard would have Ä Ö Ü (don't ask me in which order).

The guy selling it put a pad of German keytop stickers in the package
but I did not quite see the point in gluing German keytop stickers on a
keyboard I was going to use with U.S. layout.

I think what makes the bulk of getting used to when switching around and
not typing entirely blind is () being shifted 90 on U.S. keyboards and
shifted 89 on German (Danish?) keyboards.  That's just too close.

--
David Kastrup