Re: [AUCTeX] `\pause' instead of `\pause{}'

From: Denis Bitouzé
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] `\pause' instead of `\pause{}'
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 09:42:01 +0200

Le 13/06/17 à 22h51, Arash Esbati a écrit :

> Denis Bitouzé <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> as stated in Beamer's documentation, the syntax of the \pause command
>> is:
>>
>>   ┌────
>>   │ \pause[⟨number⟩]
>>   └────
>
> Hi Denis,

Hi Arash,

> my apologies if you receive this message comes twice.

No problem.

> Thanks for the report.  I've just fixed this bug in
> style/beamer.el[1].

Nice!

BTW, what will be the effect of replacing:

  ┌────
  │ '("pause")
  └────

by:

  ┌────
  │ '("pause" ["Slide number"])
  └────

>> Hence, after
>>
>>   ┌────
>>   │ C-c C-c pau TAB ENT
>>   └────
>>
>> shouldn't AUCTeX insert `\pause' instead of `\pause{}'?
>
> Have you set `TeX-insert-braces' to t?

Well, I don't think so: I couldn't find `TeX-insert-braces' neither in
`emacs-leuven':

  ┌────
  │ http://emacs-leuven.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
  └────

nor in my `.emacs'.

> In this case, AUCTeX will insert a pair of empty braces.

Is `TeX-insert-braces' the only one which inserts a pair of empty
braces? Because, with my current configuration, even with a dummy
command:

  ┌────
  │ C-c RET foo RET
  └────

inserts \foo{}.

> They don't harm, just look odd, probably.

Indeed.

> If you don't like this, customize `TeX-insert-braces-alist' or add
> something like this to your init file:
>
>    (eval-after-load "beamer"
>      '(add-to-list 'TeX-insert-braces-alist '("pause" . nil)))

Works like a charm, thanks!

All the best.
--
Denis