Re: [AUCTeX] setting same color for math scripts as other math

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] setting same color for math scripts as other math
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 12:58:24 +0100

Hi Tamas,

> Hi,
>
> I can't see the DarkRed very well and would like math scripts to have
> the same color as other math in AUCTeX (burlywood in dark themes). How
> can I achieve this in Emacs Lisp (I could customize, but prefer not to,
> so that when I switch color themes it adjusts accordingly).
>
> Is there some Emacs Lisp magic that would copy colors from one face to
> another?

To copy a specific attribute (foreground in this case) you can use
something like

(with-eval-after-load "font-latex"
  (set-face-attribute 'font-latex-script-char-face nil
              :foreground (face-attribute 'font-latex-math-face
                          :foreground)))

or replace the `(face-attribute ...)' with the color you like.

I don't know if there is something simpler.  You can inherit an entire
face with `:inherit` attribute, but that doesn't override other
attributes already set.

Bye,
Mosè