Re: [AUCTeX] [RFC] Do not distribute a package for Windows

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] [RFC] Do not distribute a package for Windows
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 23:30:03 +0100

Hi,

> Regarding the package distribution. I'm a Windows 32-bit user (both Windows
> and I are 32-bit), so let me understand: as long as I update AucTeX via
> package-list-packages, I'll have no problems?

That's correct.  I want to push forward the use of ELPA (on all
systems), I don't see any point in keeping distributing a package
that made much sense only when there was no other simple way to
install AUCTeX.

By the way, I forgot to add this to the reasons:

* the Windows package we distribute isn't particularly fun to update,
instead updating AUCTeX with ELPA is easy and we issue frequent
updates with bug fixes and new features along the way (so you don't
even need to wait for a new stable release to get them).

Bye,
Mosè