Re: [AUCTeX] correction - Re: AUCTeX in Debian

From: Janusz S. Bien
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] correction - Re: AUCTeX in Debian
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 11:40:46 +0200

Quote/Cytat - Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> (nie, 18 wrz 2016, 11:20:38):

"Janusz S. Bien" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Janusz,

I assumed incorrectly that ELPA will overwrite the Debian package.
After uninstalling it the situation improved. I mean that auctex
works but I have to load it by hand. I guess it's not how it should
be.

I was wrong, it's loaded automatically.

Ok, good.

I get also a message

byte-code: Invalid function: TeX-auto-add-type

The first attempt to open a TeX file from dired fails with the above
messages, the second attempt succeeds.

Sometimes the TeX output windows is not opened for the same reason.

That's strange.  Could you please start a new emacs instance, do M-x
toggle-debug-on-error, and then open a tex file so that you get this
error?  This will open a *backtrace* buffer on errer whose contents you
can post here.

And could you also please do M-x list-load-path-shadows RET and post the
results?

Enclosed.

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)