Re: [AUCTeX] Engine check

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Engine check
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 22:48:41 +0200

Hi Joost,

> Hi Mosè,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply!
>
>>> TBH I find it somewhat annoying to be given this warning each time I'm
>>> trying to compile the document. Is it possible to turn this checking off
>>> (either globally or, preferably, on a per-file basis)?
>>
>> Of course there is ;-)  See `TeX-check-engine' variable.  It's local
>> by default, but you can make it so, if you want.
>
> Great! I tried finding such an option, but apparently I didn't try hard
> enough... :-(

`TeX-check-engine' is in `TeX-command' customization group, do you
feel it fits better in another group?  In addition, it's described in
"Processor Options" node of AUCTeX manual.

> Like I said, being asked once would be fine as well.

Now `TeX-check-engine' asks only once, if user answers that doesn't
want to change the engine.  Thanks for your suggestion!  I also set
`TeX-check-engine-list' to nil in ifluatex style file.  We don't have
yet a style for ifxetex package, this may be an idea for our Crazy
Style File Writers ;-)

Bye,
Mosè