Re: [AUCTeX] Logo for AUCTeX: request for ideas

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Logo for AUCTeX: request for ideas
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 09:14:42 +0100

On Sat, Mar 05 2016, Mosè Giordano wrote:

>> I find as a particular strong point
>> that the Emacs local variables lines at bottom
>> come out clearly.
>
> So what about non-colored syntax highlighting?  In this way Emacs
> local variables are emphasized when one looks closely to the code, but
> don't distract from the main part of the logo.
>
> I attach my final proposal, with non-colored syntax highlighting, only
> comments are in italic.  The most evident features of the code in the
> background are:
>
>   - copyright notice at the top
>   - Emacs local variables at the left bottom corner
>
> I slightly reduced the size of the code in order to have a larger
> margin around it.
>
> In the end, xetex doesn't really influence that much the size of the
> final png (sometimes it's smaller with xetex, sometimes it's larger),
> and I saved one line, very useful to keep the code balanced in the image.

Hi Mosè,

I fiddled with the colors a bit: made the code a bit more subdued so
that it does not interfere at small magnifications, and the AUCTX
letters off-white instead of white. I used xcolor mixes and defs, adding
one line but also saving one, and at the same time making it easier to
experiment with colors. The off-white letters increase contrast IMO.

Best,

Tamas
% Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
% License: GNU GPLv3 or later

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{crimson,listings,tikz,geometry}
\geometry{paperwidth=7.5mm,paperheight=7.5mm}
\definecolor{bg}{HTML}{8596B0}\pagecolor{bg}
\colorlet{fg}{yellow!5!white}\color{fg}
\lstset{basicstyle=\color{bg!70!white}\ttfamily,
  commentstyle=\itshape,language={[LaTeX]TeX}}
\begin{document}
\begin{tikzpicture}[overlay]
  \coordinate (a) at (-7.26pt,1.89098pt) {};
  \node[inner sep=0pt] at (-0.265,0.07)
  {\resizebox{7mm}{!}
    {\lstinputlisting{\jobname}}};
  \node[inner sep=0pt,align=center] at (a)
  {A\kern-0.05emU\kern-0.03emC\\[-0.7ex]%
    T\kern-.15em\lower.46ex%
    \hbox{\color[HTML]{CAE674}E}\kern-.06emX};
\end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex