Re: [AUCTeX] Logo for AUCTeX: request for ideas

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Logo for AUCTeX: request for ideas
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 08:13:33 +0100

Hi Mosè

On Wed, Mar 02 2016, Mosè Giordano wrote:

> Thanks for your comments.  Just to make it clear, I agree with you, we
> don't need the logo at any cost.  If you don't find anything with a
> minimal consensus, it's fine with me to stop.
>
> That said, there was the chance to have a designer for the logo and I
> thought that we don't have the logo and this could be an occasion to
> involve the community in something not code related, so that more
> people than usual can participate.  The logo would be used on the web
> page and probably nowhere else.  There are already other Emacs'
> packages with a logo, I knew of org mode [1], but after a quick search
> I found that ESS [2] and Gnus [3] have a logo as well.  Probably also
> CEDET has a logo [4], at least the name of the banner file at the top
> of the page suggests so.

You are of course right, it would be good to involve the community. I
could not resist drafting up a logo myself, in the minimalistic style of
the projects you mention above (not that I would be capable of anything
that requires more skill). The background is the current AUCTeX webpage
color, and the highlighted E is of course for Emacs. Since I don't have
a good eye for color or kerning or design or anything related, I attach
the source if anyone wants to change it. The font is free and part of
TeXLive.

Best,

Tamas

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}

\usepackage[paperwidth=1cm,paperheight=0.9cm,margin=0.07cm]{geometry}
\usepackage{merriweather}
\usepackage[svgnames]{xcolor}

\begin{document}

\pagecolor[HTML]{556680}