Re: [AUCTeX] How to use tex--prettify-symbols-alist?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to use tex--prettify-symbols-alist?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 19:42:31 +0100

On 2016-02-27, at 19:22, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2016-02-27, at 19:18, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I did (setq prettify-symbols-alist tex--prettify-symbols-alist), and
>> enabled prettify-symbols-mode.  However, things do not look as well as
>> I would like them to.
>>
>> 1. Math between $...$ doesn't get prettified; \(...\) and other
>> constructs work.  Also, symbols outside math mode /do/ work!  Why?
>>
>> 2. \(\infty\) does not get prettified; \( \infty\) does.  Why?  Is that
>> because prettify-symbols-mode surrounds the regex with the "symbol"
>> delimiters?

OK, so it turns out that I'm really impatient (or just
procrastinating).  The suspect is `prettify-symbols-default-compose-p',
which is probably unsuitable for (La)TeX.

[a few minutes later]

So I've just found out about `tex--prettify-symbols-compose-p'.  And
I cloned the AUCTeX git repo and learned that (contrary to 11.89)
prettifying symbols should Just Work, without any handiwork.  I'll have
to convert to using the development version of AUCTeX...

Man, I *am* stupid and impatient.  Please consider my questions
nonexistent.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski