Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators (11.88.9)

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators (11.88.9)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 00:32:44 +0100

Hi Jean-François,

> Le 30 nov. 2015 à 16:55, Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> a écrit :

>>>    State : CHANGED outside Customize.
>>
>> Usually you have this state for a variable set(q) manually in the init
>> file.  Is this your case?
>
> no, I don't.
>
> actually there is (forgetting my earlier big confusion) nevertheless
> something strange.
>
> I use the customize buffer. I click on State to add a comment,
> then Apply and Save. I quit Emacs.
>
> On relaunch I check the custom.el and it contains
>
>  '(LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators nil nil nil "Mis sur off le 30/11/2015.")
>
> Then i open a TeX file and check the value of this variable
>
> LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators is a variable defined in `latex.el'.
> Its value is nil
> Original value was (\\\( \\\[)
>
> ok,
>
> then I go to Customize buffer and I see
>

> Hide Latex Fill Break At Separators:
> [ ] Opening Brace
> [ ] Closing Brace
> [ ] Opening Bracket
> [ ] Opening Inline Math Switches
> [ ] Closing Inline Math Switches
> [ ] Opening Display Math Switch
> [ ] Closing Display Math Switch
>     State : CHANGED outside Customize.
>
> which does not look right.
>
> UPDATE: this is related to my comment above. Doing all the
> steps, but without adding a comment I end up with
>
> Latex Fill Break At Separators:
> [ ] Opening Brace
> [ ] Closing Brace
> [ ] Opening Bracket
> [ ] Opening Inline Math Switches
> [ ] Closing Inline Math Switches
> [ ] Opening Display Math Switch
> [ ] Closing Display Math Switch
>     State : SAVED and set.
>
> Is this an Emacs bug, and is there some financial reward ;-) ?

I can confirm what you report, and what's most interesting is that it
happens only with AUCTeX variables, in the few tests I did.  I don't
have a clue why it happens, I don't even know if it's a bug, and if
it's in Emacs or in AUCTeX and then who should give you the reward.
BTW, how did you install AUCTeX?  Probably asking help to someone more
experiences with customize would be useful.

Bye,
Mosè