Re: [AUCTeX] PDF-tools, AUCTeX and annotations

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] PDF-tools, AUCTeX and annotations
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 09:47:55 +0100

On Wed, Nov 25 2015, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just installed PDF-tools, and it is completely jaw-dropping.
> However, I have a few questions.
>
> 1. How do I integrate it with AUCTeX, so that C-c C-v (or C-c C-c View
> RET) starts pdf-tools preview and not evince?

for example,

(setq TeX-view-program-selection
      '(((output-dvi style-pstricks) "dvips and gv")
         (output-dvi "xdvi")
         (output-pdf "PDF Tools")
         (output-html-open "xdg-open")))

> 2. How do I set it up so that I normally launch pdf-tools, but I can
> fall back on Evince in case I need it (e.g., AFAICT pdf-tools does not
> have a "double-page" preview)?

AFAIK there is no built-in variable for this, you would need to write a
function that does it: either

1. toggling TeX-view-program-selection between the two alternatives,
2. or temporarily rebinding it and calling the TeX-View.

Best,

Tamas