Re: [AUCTeX] PDF2DSC sentinel: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

From: gojjoe
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] PDF2DSC sentinel: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 16:10:44 +0100

On 20151124 15:59, José Carlos Santos wrote:
Hi all,

I am unable to preview images with Emacs 24.5.1 + AucTeX
11.89, working under Windows. Whenever I try to do that I
get the "PDF2DSC sentinel: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil"
error. Please notice that I have both Ghostscript and GSView
installed and that their binaries appear in my PATH. What
can be the cause?

I had a similar problem and it was caused by spaces in ghostscript's path. Try customizing the variable

preview-gs-command

using short file names to your ghostscript path. For example, I have ghostscript in

C:\Program Files\gs\bin\gswin32c.exe

so I customized (via customize-apropos) "preview-gs-command" with a value

c:\PROGRA~1\GS\BIN\GSWIN32C.EXE

Try doing something similar in your case. Does that solve the problem?

Cheers,