Re: [AUCTeX] Some hints for editing tables

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Some hints for editing tables
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:52:23 +0100

Le 19 nov. 2015 à 19:22, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On 2015-11-19, at 19:02, jfbu <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> probably the answer is : "yes and no"
>>
>> no, as it doesn't seem to have implemented in TeX/LaTeX the
>> org syntax for tables: if I am not mistaken tapdoc.pdf seems
>> to indicate that rows start with \B! and end with \E!
>>
>> (at least it is what I see from the code samples given)
>>
>> yes, as it seems to have a syntax of its own which appears
>> to be somewhat akin to the org syntax
>
> Exactly.  It's not really Org-tables in LaTeX, treat it rather as
> a proof of concept.
>
> Since Org tables are (syntax-wise) fairly simplistic, in principle it
> wouldn't be too difficult to write a (La)TeX package to deal with them
> directly.  Of course, there are tricky things, like the spreadsheet
> (little hope for implementing that), column groups and width/alignment
> cookies.  Those features would probably need two passes - the first one
> would gather the information from the cookies, the second one would
> typeset the table.  Possible, but probably not worth the effort.

Hi Marcin,

the idea isn't to implement in LaTeX what org can do, but to share
the same syntax, so that org can do its things, but then on C-cC-c
the table is compiled by LaTeX

PS: there is a ... oh... I see on

    http://www.ctan.org/author/tellechea

very bad news.

His package spreadtab does spreadsheet in LaTeX

best

Jean-François