Re: [AUCTeX] C-c RET \bigl without newlines

From: gojjoe
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] C-c RET \bigl without newlines
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:01:30 +0200

Hi Tamas,

TeX-insert-macro calls TeX-after-insert-macro-hook after insertion, so a way to achieve this could be to modify that hook in a suitable way. For example, if we modify it by

(add-hook 'TeX-after-insert-macro-hook '(lambda() (delete-char 1) (delete-char -1)))

then calling "C-c RET \bigl (" will give you

\bigl(\bigl)

with point after "(". But this doesn't really work because it messes up with the insertion of other macros. You could write a more complex hook that will delete characters around point only if TeX-insert-macro was used with "\bigl", for example. But I don't know how to achieve this right now...

Sorry for the partial suggestion, I hope it's somehow useful.

Cheers,