Re: [AUCTeX] Automatic \item with C-c C-e

From: Delia Fara
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Automatic \item with C-c C-e
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 15:02:11 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks, Mos?

I've just written it as a LaTeX macro  using "\newenvironment", put it in a .tex file and enable it
using "\input{}".     The point of the list is to have the labels be numbers in parentheses that
don't start over with "(1)" with each \begin{}... \end{} pair.

-------------------------------
\newcounter{running}

\newenvironment{runninglist}
{%
\begin{list}{\refstepcounter{running}(\arabic{running})}
{\renewcommand{\makelabel}[1]{ ##1}
\settowidth{\labelwidth}{(999)}
\setlength{\leftmargin}{0in}
\addtolength{\leftmargin}{\labelwidth}
\addtolength{\leftmargin}{\labelsep}
\rightmargin=\leftmargin}
}
{\end{list}}

\newcommand{\rlabel}[1]%
{\addtocounter{running}{-1}\refstepcounter{running}\label{#1}}

I'm not very sophisticated, so maybe I should just leave things atthat.

Thanks for your response!

Cheers,
Delia