Re: [AUCTeX] Long loading time

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Long loading time
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 14:41:08 +0200

> Hi Tassilo,

>>> Thanks a lot. Have you a way to test on Windows which has another path
>>> separator before release?
>>
>> Yes, but I just guessed that it's ";" on windows without testing (just
>> read the kpathsea docs). ;-)
>
> Related to the kpsewhich path separator we have
> `TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter'.  `TeX-search-files-kpathsea' sets the
> separator every time it's called, but perhaps we should also have a
> variable to be set once for all and that can be used in `TeX-tree-expand',
> too.

Reading more thoroughly `TeX-search-files-kpathsea' I see that
`TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter' is set after getting the output of a
`kpsewhich' call, instead we need the separator before calling it.
The kpathsea manual says [1] the separator is ";" on Windows, ":"
otherwise, so we could set the default value of
`TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter' looking at Emacs `system-type' variable,
instead of the t (autodect),  what do you think?

Bye,
Mosè

Note:
[1] https://tug.org/texinfohtml/kpathsea.html#Auxiliary-tasks