Re: [AUCTeX] Long Loading Times

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Long Loading Times
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 18:12:59 +0200

Le 30/04/2015 17:40, Munawar Cheema a écrit :
Hi Jean Francois,

I use the package manger so tried this by starting in completely vanilla
mode:
emacs -Q
then I initialize packages manually which is less than a second and then
open the tex file which is near instantaneous.

AUCTeX version 11.88 downloaded from the emacs package manger. (everything
is byte-compiled)

Munawar

Well, I have a GUI emacs, with AUCTeX 11.8.4 installed (byte-compiled too)
via the package manager too (ELPA) and if I do

/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q

and then I do M-x package-initialize

then I can see that some things from tex-site.el are indeed loaded

C-h RET v TeX-

Describe variable: TeX-

Click on a completion to select it.
In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.

Possible completions are:
TeX-auto-global         TeX-data-directory
TeX-lisp-directory      TeX-mode-alist
TeX-modes

but nothing more !

thus for example TeX-command-list or TeX-macro-global are still
unknown. They only get initialized when I first open a .tex file.
And this where there is some delay
(5 seconds on TL2014, only 1 second with TL2015)

Jean-François