Re: [AUCTeX] toggle environments with and without *

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] toggle environments with and without *
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 10:14:34 -0500

Hi, Tamas.

Tamas Papp writes:

In the current version, it toggles between \begin{equation*} a^2 + b^2 = c^2 \end{equation*} and \begin{equation} a^2 + b^2 = c^2 \end{equation}

Generally I do that with "C-u C-c C-e", but I still have to type "equ<TAB>". Perhaps to get what you want, since you mention that you do not have much elisp experience, it would be easier for you to record and save a keyboard macro.

It would be interesting to tweak LaTeX-default-environment so that it accepts a function as well. I'll try to do that when I have time.

In the "deluxe" version I am trying to write, it would toggle between \begin{equation*} % my fancy equation % \label{eq:mylabel} a^2 + b^2 = c^2 \end{equation*} and \begin{equation} % my fancy equation \label{eq:mylabel} a^2 + b^2 = c^2 \end{equation}

You know that nothings happens in the LaTeX if you leave the label in the equation*, it will still have no numbering. Or is it that you are trying to get "undefined references" when compiling to be able to remove the linked references to an equation that you do not want labeled anymore? If that is the case, perhaps you want to take a look at the package refcheck (http://ctan.org/pkg/refcheck).

Best,

--
Jorge.