Re: [AUCTeX] just wondering ...

From: Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] just wondering ...
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 11:13:23 +0100

Hi folks,
tha patch had been proposed by Michal Sojka on December, 14, 2012. Ralf Angeli
replied to the suggestion, saying the patch was kind of crude - well, I could
upload the patch again, but according to my understanding of your comment this
does not seem to be the point here.

Should I try to get in touch with the author and ask him whether or not he
would copyright it to the FSF, I am simply missing the appropriate
understanding? Would it be enough to have a kind of written statement that he
does not care about the ownership of the code?

The way I came up with this question ought to depict clearly that I do not
intend to adorn myself with borrowed plums by any means ... I had simply been
curious about this specific functionality and it was highly probable (to me)
that someone on the list would know more about, maybe a reason why this had
not gone into the source as yet ...

Thanks again

Dieter Jurzitza

On Samstag, 1. November 2014 10:28:42 David Kastrup wrote:
> Well, you didn't include the patch, but that's not relevant.  AUCTeX can
> only accept contributions that have their copyright assigned to the FSF,
> and the only person who can make the decision what or what not
> constitutes a contribution is its copyright holder.  Even if somebody
> made a copyright assignment for AUCTeX, that does not mean that anybody
> can grab any code of his and declare it contributed to AUCTeX.  He has
> to submit it himself.

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)