Re: [AUCTeX] new release?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] new release?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:38:47 +0100

> Hi Mosè,
>
>> Sorry for not having been clear, but that's what I've done and no, it
>> doesn't work.  That's why I asked help here.  Thanks anyway!
>
> Ah, I didn't see it in git, so I thought you haven't done that.

I tried locally, I didn't push that change to the remote repo ;-)

> What was it that did not work?

Try replacing "$Name:  $" "$Name: 11.88 $", building of preview.sty
will fail.  My (very low) understanding of the code is that in "$Name:
...  $" the dots can be replaced by "release_<major version>_<minor
version>" (for a regular release) or nothing (for a development
version), and in the latter case the value of "CVS-$Revision: 1.126 $"
is used instead.

Anyway, for the time being I've installed the manual changes I anticipated.

The variables we can use are @PREVIEWVERSION@ (<major version>.<minor
version>) and @PREVIEWDATE@ (ISO date).  Of course they can be
adjusted tweaked as needed, but $Revision doesn't seem to like a date
(yyyy-mm-dd or yyyy/mm/dd) at all.

Thanks,
Mosè