Re: [AUCTeX] auto compile for auctex?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auto compile for auctex?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 15:59:45 +0200

Thorsten Grothe <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Thorsten,

> But I would be nicer *not to press C-s*, like in ATP or in the Editor
> Gummi. I mean Auctex should recognize automatically if someting
> changed in the buffer and execute this function.

I don't think it would be a good idea to do that.  You type a char thus
the buffer is modified and latexmk starts.  You type another char and
AUCTeX wants to start latexmk again, and since the other process isn't
yet finished you get a query "Kill running latexmk process?"...

> Another approach would be if Auctex automatcally saves the document
> from time to time and executes this function or the other functions
> supposed by you.
>
> Is that possible?

Sure.  Have a look at `run-with-timer' or `run-with-idle-timer'.

Bye,
Tassilo