Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex and emaxima

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex and emaxima
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 08:41:47 +0100

On Sat, Mar 08 2014, Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Mosè,

> Since the `emaxima' package isn't on CTAN nor it's shipped with common
> TeX distributions, it would have been a good idea to point us where we
> could have found it.  Anyway, Debian provides it in the `maxima-emacs'
> package and I installed it.

Sorry for that, glad that you found it.

> From the `preview-latex' manual:

> If you have a certain macro or environment that you want to
> preview, first check if it can be chosen by cutomizing
> preview-default-options-list in the Preview Latex group.
>
> If it is not available there, you can add it to
> preview-default-preamble also in the Preview Latex group, by
> adding a \PreviewMacro or \PreviewEnvironment entry (see Provided
> commands) after the \RequirePackage line.
>
> In your case you can add the following code to your `.emacs':
> (eval-after-load "preview"
>   '(progn
>      (add-to-list 'preview-default-preamble
>           "\\PreviewEnvironment{maxima}" t)))

Yes, I found that in the manual, but I would prefer not to preview the
whole environment, only the relevant snippet. Eg given LaTeX code like

\begin{maxima}[]
  solve(a*x^2+b*x+c=0,x);
\maximaoutput*
\m  \left[ x=-\frac{\sqrt{b^2-4 a c}+b}{2 a} , x=\frac{\sqrt{b^2-4 a c}-b}{2 a}
\right] \\
\end{maxima}

I would prefer to preview only the part after the \m. Or maybe
everything between \maximaoutput* and \end{maxima}. Is that possible in
AUCTeX?

Best,

Tamas