Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with reftex-toc when both LaTeX and Texinfo file ar

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with reftex-toc when both LaTeX and Texinfo file are visited.
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 10:34:42 +0100

Hello Tassilo,

There *is* an alternative patch, in the second email the following lines

+  ;; dirty temporary hook to remove when reftex has a Texinfo builtin
+  ;; TODO remove the dirty trick once reftex has been corrected for long
enough a time
+  (unless (assq 'Texinfo reftex-label-alist-builtin)
+    (setq reftex-label-alist-builtin (append reftex-label-alist-builtin
+                         '((Texinfo "Texinfo default environments" nil)))))

are *after* the test

   (when (string= TeX-base-mode-name "Texinfo")

so that assq processing won't happen when you open a LaTeX file.

This is why I wrote that the second flavour is better.

Anyway, once this patch is accepted in principle, I will provide the ChangeLog
and make a submission to emacs-devel, so that reftex-label-alist-builtin has
the Texinfo entry.

Maybe the `;;TODO' comment should have some date within it so that people have
an idea of how long it is pending.

   Vincent.

PS: Happy new year 2014