Re: [AUCTeX] own macro coloring?

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] own macro coloring?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 10:06:09 -0600

On Jul 18, 2013, at 12:02 AM, Joost Kremers <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 18 2013, address@hidden wrote:
>> You can customize `font-latex-match-bold-command-keywords' for example.
>> Better yet, just M-: (customize-group 'font-latex-keywords) RET
>
> Why use eval? Just type M-x customize-group RET font-latex-keywords RET

Because I originally was going to just include it like you do with the info
links below,
but then I thought he might not know how to run it.  So, in other words, no
good
reason.

> The best place to start for the OP would probably be the info manual on
> customization:
>
> (info "(emacs) Customization")
>
> Then check out the AUCTeX manual on font locking and display:
>
> (info "(auctex) Display")
>
> The customization group the OP will want to look at is probably
> font-latex, of which font-latex-keywords is a subgroup.

I certainly don't disagree that he should read those.  I just pointed him to
what
I had changed in my setup to solve the same problem.

> Another option the OP may want to look at is TeX-fold-macro-spec-list.
> You can do all sorts of fancy stuff with that if you know a little
> Elisp, like displaying the argument of \textsc in all caps at 0.8 of the
> normal font size, stuff like that. :-)

That's cool.  But only when folded, right?

-Ivan