Re: [AUCTeX] Fontifying macro arguments...

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Fontifying macro arguments...
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:31:45 +0000 (UTC)

Tassilo Horn <tsdh <at> gnu.org> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:
>
> (setq font-latex-user-keyword-classes
>       '(("shadow-hidden"    (("hide" "{"))      shadow command)
>       ("shadow-mycomment" (("mycomment" "{")) shadow command)
>       ("shadow-comment"   (("comment" "{"))   shadow command)))
>
> It works just fine, but *you have to restart emacs to make it work*.
> When I posted my last messages, I've just reverted the buffer or toggled
> `font-lock-mode' off and on again.
>
> BTW, using `M-x customize-option RET font-latex-user-keyword-classes' is
> actually the easiest way to go to get the syntax right.

I tried using this.  It's not actually as helpful as you might like, since it
doesn't help you pick a face name that actually exists.  At least for me --
Aquamacs 3.0 nightly build, which is emacs 24.3.50.3 -- the face name is simply
a text box entry form.  I doubt that is up to AucTeX, right?  It's a decision of
the customize interface, I assume....

According to the manual, you can use the customize interface *without*
restarting emacs, but if you just set the variable, you must restart.  Do you
know if that's still true?  Or do we always need to restart emacs?

Interestingly, although I was able to make this work, a colleague using
Aquamacs 2.4 (emacs 22, I think), was not.  He entered the same stuff, but it
made no difference, even when he restarted emacs.

Thanks for the help,