Re: [AUCTeX] meetingmins.elc

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] meetingmins.elc
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:11:07 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> "John F. Godfrey" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi John,
>
>> I just noticed this file, meetingmins.elc, and had just started using
>> meetingmins in latex for agenda, meeting minutes, etc.  Now the
>> question I have is: how do I use meetingmins.elc?
>
> meetingmins.el[c] is not part of AUCTeX, but it seems some distros [1]
> use AUCTeX to parse your latex distros packages and include the
> generated style files in their AUCTeX packages.  If that's the case, the
> file probably resides in some auctex/auto/ directory.
>
> If it's such a generated style file, you don't have to do anything to
> use it.  If your document has a \usepackage{meetingmins}, AUCTeX will
> load the style automatically and the completion (e.g., C-c RET, C-c C-e)
> will offer you the macros/environments defined by meetingmins.sty
> automatically.

_If_ you have configured automatic parsing of documents which defaults
to "off" to accommodate people whose interest in TeX is restricted to
read-only.  Options that are expensive in file accesses and parsing time
realy should be off for modes aspiring to be usable as default modes,
since a user will tend to be actively interested only in few file
formats from the hundreds available as modes.

--
David Kastrup